How To Wipeout Surfing
- Relax – One of the number one reasons people wipe out is because they tense up when they hit the water. When you tense up, it makes it harder for your body to float and move around in the water, which makes it more likely that you’ll fall. Try to relax as much as possible and let your body do what it needs to do.
- Don’t panic – This is closely related to number one. When you start to panic, you’ll only make the situation worse. Take a few deep breaths and try to stay calm.
- Let go of your board – If you’re attached to your board, it’s going to drag you down with it when you fall. As soon as you feel yourself falling, let go of the board and try to swim away from it.
- Try to fall flat – When you do fall, try to fall as flat as possible. This will help you stay afloat and make it easier to get back up.
- Get up as quickly as possible – The sooner you can get back on your board, the better. If you’re in the middle of a wave, it can be hard to get back up, but it’s important to try. The longer you stay down, the more likely you are to get hit by another wave or dragged under.
Hope these tips help the next time you find yourself in a wipeout!
If you are interested in reading more useful information, click on the link to the article titled, Surf Skate Tutorial