One of the most important things to keep in mind while white water rafting is how to stay safe and protect yourself. Here are a few tips on how to do just that:
- Wear a life jacket – This is probably the most important thing you can do to stay safe while white water rafting. A life jacket will help keep you afloat if you happen to fall out of the raft.
- Wear a helmet – A helmet will protect your head in case you hit it on something while rafting.
- Listen to your guide – Your guide is there for a reason, so make sure to listen to them and follow their instructions. They know the river and what obstacles might be ahead.
- Don’t stand up in the raft – It’s tempting to want to stand up and enjoy the view while you’re rafting, but it’s actually very dangerous. If you happen to hit a wave wrong, you could easily fall out of the raft.
- Stay in the middle of the raft – The middle of the raft is the safest place to be. If you sit on the edge, you run the risk of falling out.
- Don’t drink alcohol – Alcohol and white water rafting don’t mix. It’s important to stay sober while you’re on the river so that you can react quickly if something happens.
Follow these tips and you’ll be sure to have a safe and fun time while white water rafting!